Hi there, Koi School 🐙
Welcome back to Koi Network and the October Monthly Report.
The past few months have witnessed a continuous sell-off in all global markets, knocking billions off the combined market capitalization of the world’s cryptocurrencies.
It is safe to say that 2022 has dampened investors’ confidence regarding this new technology and market. Most investors would now believe cryptocurrencies are a lousy hedge against inflation. Nor has crypto proved to be much of a haven in tumultuous times, such as central bank tightening, war, an energy crisis, a food crisis, global supply chain disruption, or a pandemic.
Whatever the reason that causes this crash/massive over-correction, it is safe to say the psychology of this market, and many others around the world, has turned negative. Traditionally, cryptocurrency has a psychological effect that’s outsized compared to its value, especially as the prices of other assets fall, adding to the sense of pessimism and bearishness.
Koi Network was born before it but launched during the bearish market, which taught us one expensive lesson: timing might be the most significant reason startups succeed. Since we are not immune to this, the best we can do is get on our feet, regroup, and work out the best possible future roadmap to sustainable development.
More details are below 🐋
On Good Timing
People typically react to recessions in one of two ways. First, of course, the natural inclination is to hold off on any investment or spending, and for business owners, it is about time to stop the long-planned expansion plans or even scale down current efforts. But then there are those courageous business owners who grab these opportunities and keep moving their businesses forward. They know that the time to go big is when others cut back because their efforts will stand out.
It’s wise to stay busy while your competitors are quiet, so a recession could be the perfect time to build your project.
In downtime, workers commonly leave their jobs because they want better career development and advancement opportunities and to make more money. They’re also facing uninspiring leadership and a lack of meaningful work. Many want flexibility from their employers and prefer to work remotely.
Fortunately, since many companies lay off workers during a recession, it can be an excellent time to hire skilled staff and solidify your future position, which leads us to the next decision.
New Team Building
Around the launch of Koi Network, we decided we wanted to instill a new thinking pattern in the next chapter of this project. Gaming is good, and with GameFi, gaming is even better. However, Web3 culture is something larger than ourselves that can give the ultimate meaning to our future endeavors.
Web3 Culture is the New Currency, and Koi Network is a project that strives to build and contribute to this culture by creating a decentralized community-driven platform that enables users to merge Web2 applications and Web3 native cultures via a single touchpoint, bringing your digital collectibles to the masses.
To do so, we need more talent. Building a successful team is about more than finding a group of people with the right mix of professional skills. Our new position requires us to find the most crypto and web3 native talent.
Much Needed Talents
Koi Network is now thrilled to announce our job openings before the end of 2022. We believe these jobs and the people who come to fill these vacancies will become an integral part of Koi Network.
We welcome everyone to make candidate recommendations or apply for the following positions. Please contact us through email@example.com.
Senior Web Engineer
- Design and estimate complex applications at the feature level.
- Build applications and services that power new products interacting with Ethereum (or other) blockchains.
- Envision and develop features to help build new applications.
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development.
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
- Experience owning and shipping multiple products
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- A mastery of Node.js and React with an understanding of encryption and cryptography fundamentals
- Basic Solidity understanding, preferably with at least one project shipped to mainnet
- Ability to quickly iterate and ship code using test-driven development patterns
- Knowledge of engineering best practices, such as continuous integration
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Ability to work in areas beyond your comfort zone and be motivated by personal growth
- A passion for learning and a self-awareness of your learning style
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Lead zero-to-one initiatives, bringing clarity to complex problems and helping craft a vision for the entire team to follow.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to build the roadmap, define project goals and scopes, negotiate trade-offs, and routinely ship highly-polished features.
- Rally others around opinionated design concepts that present approachable, human-centered alternatives to current web3 standards.
- Host design reviews and workshops to facilitate effective cross-team collaboration and problem-solving.
- Lead hands-on user research to validate design solutions and advocate for users across the organization.
- Create and maintain reusable components that reflect our brand, ensure consistency, and increase delivery speed across the company.
- 3+ years (ideally 5+ years) of experience as a backend software engineer (e.g. backend engineer in tech company, student with significant engineering experience)
- Expertise in networking, distributed systems, consensus protocols, parallel execution, storage, or smart contract development
- Experience with asynchronous programming (e.g. Rust’s tokio framework)
- Experience with Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
- Design core, backend components, and code primarily using Rust.
- Build, test, debug, and deploy a large-scale decentralized system across hundreds of nodes
- Work with consensus protocols, asynchronous runtimes, and execution engines to complete complex engineering challenges like building DeFi-related blockchain modules.
- Develop and maintain high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project.
In the next chapter, we will devise a new plan regarding our next steps toward building a decentralized community-driven platform that enables users to merge Web2 applications and Web3 native cultures via a single touchpoint.
This time, we must take time and carefully evaluate the current market condition and user sentiment before formulating our plan. Please stay tuned.
Finally, we like to remind everyone that the latest token release will be due on November 4th, this Friday.
About Koi Metaverse
Koi Aims to Unlock the Next-Gen GameFi Metaverse Economies by Building the Digital Collectibles Platform for Virtual GameFi NFTs on Multichains.
Koi is a next-generation infrastructure for issuing, trading, and liquifying GameFi NFTs from different chains like Ethereum, BSC and so on. It is aimed at building a Metaverse dedicated for GameFi NFT assets.
Contact Koi Metaverse
📄 Website: https://www.koi.io/
👍 Twitter: https://twitter.com/KoiMetaverse
✈️ Telegram: https://t.me/KoiMetaverse
📗 Medium: https://medium.com/@KoiMetaverse
💻 Github: https://github.com/KoiMetaverse
🔗 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/koi-metaverse
📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org